Wednesday 12 October 2011

I'll have a 'P' please Bob..

Sometime ago I wrote an educational quiz in PowerPoint based on a well known quiz in the 80's (those of us of a certain age will remember it well..). Anyway the other day I rediscovered it...It really was rather good.. You can download a copy here.


What I liked about my solution is that the questions are typed into the Notes section and then the game board was built dynamically from the first letters of the questions. When a 'cell' is cicked the question is displayed, click it again and the cell turns blue, again and it turns yellow. In this way student teams have to attempt to build a solid line of colour from edge to edge. This means that it can be easily adapted for any number of quizzes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andy. Great concept! Erm..the toggling of a cell's colours was a bit confusing. I'm using Ms Office 2007 and sometimes when I double click I get a gray colour and at times blue or nothing happens. Maybe it's just me not doing it right. I never knew PowerPoint could be used in this manner. Very innovative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kam, yes it behaves a little oddly in 2007 for some reason, works fine on 2003 and 2010 though...

    ReplyDelete